Movie screening Wamba

Last night I had a really busy night. Not only was it the screening benefit event for the movie WAMBA, It was also my friend's, Sam birthday bash in downtown DC. The best part? It was all happening about the same time! You should have seen me running around. I ended doing both plus more. I went to Sam's party for like 40 mins then made it in perfect time before the movie started! The movie was great. I was trying so hard not to cry because there were so many important people. here is the story line: The movie was shot in Nairobi, Kenya.This film takes place in 1990 and follows the life of Wamba and his group of friends who live in California - a suburban slum of Nairobi. When Wamba's family deals with the devastating effects of a new and unknown disease in AIDS, the whole community is torn apart and did not want to embrace it at first. but Wamba never gave and started to educate his people about the deadly disease.

 


 Yves Tchouta Film Director 

Comments

Anonymous said…
love your dress